Thursday, June 27, 2013

Blogging Buds

Julia is a girl after my own heart, with a blog name like Lemon Stripes you know she's not afraid of color or pattern. I've "stalked" her blog for quite some time, but when I saw she launched her online boutique a few weeks ago I knew I had to get to know her and now you can too!


Why did you decide to start blogging?
I started blogging in 2010 to share recipes and outfit ideas with my friends and family. People kept asking me for advice so I figured I'd put it out there and see what happened.

How did you choose the name for your blog?
I love cooking with lemons and I wear stripes almost every single day. It was sort of a no brainer. :)

What motivates you to keep blogging?
I quit my job last March to open my online boutique. My blog is a marketing tool for the store so at this point, I'm stuck with it! I also love connecting with my followers and it's great to get perks like lots of free clothes! 

Congrats on your store, we love it here! What are some qualities you believe a blogger needs to possess?
Authenticity is number one. You have to be able to be yourself confidently and not try to copy other bloggers. You also have to have the drive to stick with it and post regularly. It's easy to give up but readers expect posts so I think of it as my job and make sure it gets done.

What do you consider your greatest success?
Opening my store. It was terrifying leaving a high paying job and investing a lot of money into a business that I knew virtually nothing about. But now I'm so happy I did it.

What's your social media outlet of choice?
I'm Insta-obsessed. I love being able to document my life in NYC through my iPhone. It's easy to use and my followers are able to really feel a connection to me personally there!

Thanks Julia! Now for the fun ones...


Be sure to check out Lemon Stripes and shop Julia's new store where this pendant has been a favorite of mine! Very Gatsby, no?



No comments:

Post a Comment