Thursday, September 12, 2013

Blogging Buds

I originally found Emily of The Sweetest Thing through Instagram, stalking her feminine with a hint of preppy style from afar. Not only do I admire her style and her flowing mane (can I have her hair, please?) but also her sweet personality. Find out how her blog got it's name, hint it's one of my favorite songs and more below.

Why did you decide to start blogging? 
Actually I started blogging as a way to share with my family and friends what John and I were up to when we moved away for medical school (him) and got engaged. I realize Facebook is good for that but I am not a big status person so I enjoyed the blog because I could write a couple of paragraphs of what we did that weekend and show a few photos. It also served as a creative outlet since I was stressed with my first ‘big girl’ job and wedding planning.
  
How did you choose the name for your blog? 
It’s a song by U2. It says, “a blue eyed boy met a brown eyed girl, oh oh, The Sweetest Thing!” (we fit that description!)
  
What motivates you to keep blogging? 
Personally, the ‘thank you’ e-mails really keep it going for me… Of course I love sharing my style and fashion finds with others but I like knowing that there are women and girls out there that enjoy reading it and can sometimes be inspired by it.

What are some qualities you believe a blogger needs to posses? 
Confidence, most importantly. Resilience. Self-motivation. & Very thick skin.
  
What do you consider your greatest success? 
As far as blogging goes, probably being featured as one of Lauren Conrad’s top 5 ‘fabulous bloggers’! In life itself, I would say completing my MBA in 11 months while working 2 jobs and graduating with a 3.9 GPA. OH! And did that I mention that was when John and I were in the ‘falling in love’ stage. It taught me a lot about myself. I learned just how driven I am and that I could balance all different parts of life and succeed at the same time.

What’s your social media outlet of choice and why? 
Instagram, for sure. I love photos. Always have. I would rather see photos than read and I enjoy sneak peeks into other people’s lives! I enjoy sharing little square moments of my life and my favorite colors, jewels, people, etc.




Thanks Emily! The Sweetest Thing is permanently book marked on my Bloglovin'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment