Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Business Babe: Laura Drayton Creative



It's time to create and celebrate with Laura Drayton! Literally, such a perfect Business Babe feature because she is involved with everything! From designing to baking Laura Drayton makes everything cute and perfect. We love her story and simply could not wait to share!

Tell us more about yourself and your business?

My name is Laura Drayton, and I am the owner of Laura Drayton Creative, LLC.  I have quite a few occupations: designer, baker, blogger, traveler, and I manage a small online boutique of fun party supplies and office accessories (www.shopld.com), but my background actually doesn't have much to do with any of this!  I'm currently a full-time grad student at Michigan State University's College of Human Medicine, pursuing a Masters in Public Health.  As a way to fulfill my creative passions while in school, I started a small Etsy shop that sold organizational printables and designed stationery on the side. Eventually, I got to a point where I had way too many ideas and too little time. Finally, at the beginning of 2014, I sat down and decided to finally merge all of my creative passions into one place, and the Laura Drayton Creative brand was born. I had no idea that my little shop would soon grow into my own brand, but I am beyond thrilled that it has turned into a job that inspires and excites me.

What is your day to day like? 

Day to day, I really have to admit that I don't have a set schedule.  With such a long list of occupations, I am packing and shipping orders one day, and composing a blog post the next.  Almost every day, I fill in some time with design work and creating something fun (like cupcakes or a project).  I find inspiration from my daily life, but my favorite place to draw inspiration is from my travels.  I love bringing home new ideas (and recipes) from all of the countries I've been able to visit.

What is next on your agenda?

Looking forward, my main priority is focus.  My creative mind often runs wild, and I find myself with too many ideas and too little time (which is where the long list of occupations come in).  I struggle with what to give up in order to put more time into pursuing the things that are most important.  One of the most important things I want to focus on in helping others, which is why I launched my Love in Motion project.  If I can do what I love while helping others, I'm happy (and so extremely lucky!)

No comments:

Post a Comment