Thursday, August 15, 2013

Blogging Buds


I met Melissa of The Atelier blog about a year ago through Sweet Lemon Magazine. Us both being Philly gals obsessed with fashion I knew we had to be friends. Can you ever have enough fashionable friends? Melissa's beyond talented, in addition to being tres chic and having a blog I could spend hours on she also designs stationary. You have to check out her PS line and read on about her blogging life.


Why did you decide to start blogging? 
I was looking for a creative outlet where I could focus on things I don’t at my day job … entertaining, fashion (my first love), interiors, etc. It’s a lot of fun to be able to write about what’s currently inspiring me.

How did you choose the name for your blog? 
The word “atelier” means workshop in French, and ties in my love of fashion (many fashion houses have an atelier) with my love to create (and all things French!).
  
What motivates you to keep blogging? 
Building relationships with readers and connecting with other bloggers across the country and world is one of the most rewarding things I’ve experienced. It’s really amazing when I share something on my blog and find out that someone out there has been inspired or can connect with what I’ve said.

What are some qualities you believe a blogger needs to posses? 
I’d say any blogger (or entrepreneur) would need to be a self-starter, have patience (things don’t happen overnight), and a willingness to put themselves out there. It’s also really important to have your own voice and develop your own aesthetic!
  
What do you consider your greatest success? 
Officially starting my business this year and seeing my designs featured by people and publications I admire and read daily.

What’s your social media outlet of choice and why? 
Definitely Instagram. I love being able to see the world through other peoples’ eyes! (you can follow along @mnouc)


Thanks Melissa! I love a local Philly gal with a great sense of style. Be sure to check out The Atelier


1 comment:

  1. her stationery is so precious!! I love it! Thanks for the intro! I look forward to reading her blog as well!

    ReplyDelete