Thursday, August 29, 2013

Business Babes

Patterns, colors and monograms are a must at the Piqued PR office so when I found La Plates on an interior design blog I was hooked. La Plates allows you to personalize entertaining with their products. They have everything from plates to cups in an array of prints and multiple hues all with monograms! I had to hear more about the brand from La Plates' owner Lara.  
When and why did you decide to create your brand?
La Plates was born after I became a mother. I was tired of all the cartoon character plates – I knew there had to be a way to class up our tabletop using a kid-friendly material. I also wanted to create something that was reusable and durable, something my boys couldn’t break when trying to clear the table.

What is your background in and how did this help prepare you in regards to your business?
I was an elementary school teacher – I think teachers are amazing multi-taskers. That combined with being a mother prepared me to wear all the hats of an entrepreneur & business owner.

What do you believe sets your brand apart from competitors?
I believe La Plates creates products that clients will use for years to come. Our products are durable, reusable, but most of all they have fabulous, colorful designs! We also work really hard to understand our clients and what they want. If we don’t have exactly what they are looking for, we get to work and create something just for them. Often times, that’s how we come up with new products or design patterns – clients’ special requests.

What do you consider your greatest success?
We’ve had so many amazing things happen in the last five years. I’m so thankful for all the great people who have made it possible for La Plates to grow and thrive. The month that La Plates appeared in both House Beautiful & Elle Décor on full pages was pretty special, I would consider that a moment of feeling success.

What is your social media outlet of choice and why?
Oh wow, that’s a tough one …can I just say a 3-way tie between Instagram, Pinterest & Facebook? Instagram might top the list these days – I love editing pictures with the filters.

Thanks Lara! La Plates are on our list for entertaining, who wouldn't want to eat off their monogram. 




2 comments:

  1. I love LA plates! What a great interview. You always get the best people! Also love the confetti shop in your next post. happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview- I am going to have to get some of these STAT!

    ReplyDelete