Thursday, February 11, 2016


An outfit is never complete without an accessory! Fisayo Quadri, happiness curator and accessory creator, has the perfect added touch for you! We got the chance to learn more about Fisayo, Oh Lou and her future plans. Check it out below! 

When and how did you start Love Oh Lou? 
I’ve always had a knack for the shiny things in life. Anything with sequins, glitter, and confetti is just a part of who I am. In my nineteen years of life, the one thing that has remained consistent is my love for fashion, philanthropy and entrepreneurship. I launched Oh Lou in November of 2014 out of my desire to provide exquisite accessories that not only enhance external beauty but also encourage internal beauty by satisfying the needs of members in the community.

What inspired you to branch out into Oh Lou Silver Spoon Initiative? Any personal connection to D.C, where one food item is donated for every item sold in the initiative? 
Growing up in the Washington DC metropolitan area, I had the opportunity to frequently give back through community service. Oh Lou actually resulted from my experience with Project CHIC (#1000Headbands4StJude). The Silver Spoon Initiative was created in support of Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry campaign. It represents my belief that no matter what financial background someone may come from, no one should be denied access to the basic necessity of food.

How do you handle being a student at Pratt Institute in Brooklyn, NY as well as run Oh Lou? Any advice for college students who want to have a creative outlet too? 
I’m learning how to prioritize my priorities. Essentially, it’s about knowing what needs to get done and disciplining yourself to find balance. The good thing is that I’m a fashion major so everything I do relates back to Oh Lou. My best advice is to find what works for you and be patient while perfecting your skill.  Don’t measure your success by someone else’s standards.

What do you see yourself doing after graduation?
My options after graduation are wide open! The one thing I know for sure is that I’ll continue to develop Oh Lou.

As an accessory creator, what is a must have accessory that you believe everyone should have in their collection?
This might sound cheesy but I would definitely say a smile! It doesn’t cost a thing and can make you feel so much better.























No comments:

Post a Comment