Thursday, February 18, 2016



One of my favorite things to do is jam out in my car! Although this time of year I can't jam with my windows rolled down, I still enjoy turning the tunes up really loud and belting the lyrics to my favorite songs. I love FM and 96.5 AMP Radio plays Philly's New Hit Music. I got the chance to talk to Mike Adam from Mike Adam On Air at 96.5 AMP Radio and he had so much insight into how to make music your career.  

How did you get started in the industry? Is it something you always wanted to do or did it just sort of work out that way? 
I knew I wanted to have a career that revolved around music...I just wasn't sure what it was going to specifically be. One of my friends told me about Connecticut School of Broadcasting...I enrolled, and the rest is history. Once I graduated from CBS, they got me an internship with iHeart (Clear Channel at the time) and I just worked my way up the ladder. 

What advice do you have for students who want to get into your field?
You have to be resilient and motivated. Say yes to everything, and learn to love either coffee or energy drinks. I've been in the business for a little while now and I still grind out like I'm a newbie. I'm on-air Monday through Friday, 3-7 p in Philly, then Saturday and Sunday mornings in New York City. I work 7 days a week, and blog, do a web series, TV hosting, and more on top of that. You have to be a machine, and be willing to do whatever it takes to stand out from the crowd. Oh, and don't take no for answer. Your determination will wear people down...trust me. 

Who inspires you?
My mother. She raised me by  herself...worked doubles every day to give me the life and opportunities she wanted me to have. With that being said...how could I NOT work hard? She got me to this point, and being lazy or not motivated would basically be me being ungrateful for what she provided me with. Other than that, any creative, driven person inspires me. 

Who do you hope to have on your show someday? 
Interviewing Kanye was a pretty big one for me since I'm a huge fan of his. I would love to have Robert Plant on as a guest, or Chris Cornell...but that would be my last day on-air if I aired an interview with either of those guys since I'm on a top-40 radio station, haha. But as far as someone who DOES fit the format...Jay Z would be a dream come true. Love him. 

What is your favorite genre of music?
Alternative rock. Nirvana, Green Day, Black Keys, Cage The Elephant, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, etc. I'm an 80's baby, so I grew up in that Chili Peppers, Pearl Jam era...but I also love some of the new guys like Arctic Monkeys for instance. 




 














No comments:

Post a Comment