Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blogging Buds

I adore Sam of La Petite Pear. We started talking through Twitter months ago sharing a love for fashion and sweets. Whenever I'm craving some candy or ice cream (which is quite often) she totally supports it. One of my favorite parts about her blog is her "Fashionista in Flats" feature where she interviews other fashionistas and shares how they style flats. I've never seen so many flats look so chic! Fun fact, I was one of those fashionistas too. I just had to reach out to Sam to interview her on the blog.


Why did you start blogging?
I was actually blogging for three years before I decided to start fresh and focus on style. I've always loved to write and I was a journalism major, so for me, blogging has been a creative outlet. It's also an amazing way to connect with like-minded people who share my interests and passions.

How did you choose the name for your blog?
When I started my blog, I tried to think about what made me unique and what I could bring to the space. I'm on the shorter side, but I have curves, which is a pretty unique combination... and I thought Petite Pear had a nice ring to it.

What motivates you to keep blogging?
My deep-rooted love of style, a close group of girlfriends who are the most amazing cheerleaders and my biggest fans, and the desire to help people have as much fun with fashion as I do.

What are some qualities you believe a blogger needs to posses? 
Persistence, drive and determination. Blogging is hard work, and in such a saturated space, you really have to do everything possible to go the extra mile and stand out. It's also important to stay true to yourself no matter what.

What do you consider your greatest success?
Balancing my blog, day job, social life and marriage is quite the challenge. So, any day that I manage to keep all those plates in the air is a success for me.

What's you social media outlet of choice and why?
Definitely Twitter (although Instagram is a close second). I love the conversational aspect of it, and it's amazing to see how well some brands are using the space to interact with their customers. Twitter chats are a lot of fun too! 


Thanks Sam! I'm really missing those denim skirts too. Be sure to check out La Petite Pear


No comments:

Post a Comment