Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Business Babe: Design Love Planner



I don't know about you but I'd be lost without my agenda book. Lifesaver. I'm old school and prefer writing my schedule to adding it into my iPhone. While I don't often stray from my trusty Kate Spade planner (I've had it for at least 5 years) I may just jump ship with the Design Love Planner by Marissa Cristina. Find out more about the designer and her planner below:

Tell us a little bit about the process and inspiration that goes into making your fabulous planners..
I have always had love and admiration for stationery and making my own stationery is basically a dream come true. I am a freelance graphic designer with a little home office and one day I decided to make a planner because I couldn't find what I needed in any of the stores I went to. I get most of my inspiration from design magazines, blogs and stationery stores. I honestly love nothing more than spending hours on end roaming around in stationery and design stores looking for inspiring new design ideas, patterns and elements. 

What has been the biggest hurdle in the process of opening up your own business in your entrepreneur endeavors?
One of the biggest hurdles has been making sure I stay on track with everything I am doing while maintaining a healthy lifestyle and also spending time with friends and family. What I found when I first got started was that I was spending all of my time working and none of my time taking care of myself and doing fun things that involved me leaving my office. I am still obsessed with my work but I also make time to do the things that really matter and most of that is thanks to me planning out my days in advance. I always make sure my time is managed well and none of my days are filled with an overwhelming amount of work so I have time to relax. 

How would you describe your personal style?
I was born in Switzerland and only moved to North America 10 years ago so I feel that a lot of me - and my style - is still highly influenced by Europe. I've always had knack for dressing well no matter where I went or what I did. I don't follow trends as much as I just buy whatever sparks my own interest and I tend to go for outrageous items that I can then combine with basic pieces I already own. Sweats is an absolute faux-pas for me even if I'm just picking up some sushi late at night or going for a walk. My theory is that you should always look your best because you never know you might run into...

What are your future plans for Design Love Planner?
The future for Design Love Planner is very bright and a ton of things are in the works and I get excited just talking about it. The line will expand into all things stationery and I can't wait to start sharing it with everyone. 

Do you have any advice for those who have a hard time staying organized?
If there is one tip I can give it's that in order to stay organized do the following: always write it down and schedule your week ahead of time so you don't always feel like your scrambling to keep up. 

Thanks Marissa!



No comments:

Post a Comment