Tuesday, October 7, 2014

#OOTD





Joie Top (similar), James Jeans, Tory Burch Booties (similar), Vintage Necklace (similar), Louis Vuitton Purse

Photography by Haley Cairo

Fun fact for the day, I'm a Capricorn (if you couldn't already guess). I'm a January baby so garnet is my birthstone and probably my favorite color to wear, especially come chilly weather. Another favorite of mine is vintage jewelry with a story. I'm actually wearing 3 vintage pieces in this post; my tassel necklace from my Mom- mom Kowal (also known as Mom-mom Foxy), a diamond ring that was my great-grandmother Mae's and a cocktail ring that makes a total statement from Mom-mom Maristch (aka Mom-mom Muffin). 

Vintage/hand-me down pieces are special because they usually have a story behind them whether you tracked them down at a flea market and imagine some roaring 20s socialite wearing the piece or you received from someone special you actually know. They always make a good story. Do you have any special pieces?



No comments:

Post a Comment