Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Business Babe- Miss With- It


One day I was scrolling through my Instagram feed and BAM! There it was, a pillow that spoke to me. Pretty literally actually. This pillow read "Single, Taken, Building My Empire". And just like that I discovered the source, Miss With- It. The lady behind the brand, Kelly has many more witty pillows where that came from. From Etsy seller to soon to launch e-commerce site find out who Miss With- It is.


What is your inspiration for your stylish, home decor? 

Miss With-it! was inspired by the cheeky personality my friends and I all share. When developing the concept for the line, I intended the brand to take on a really fun, and stylish persona. I love to design for other stylish and cheeky women who love to have fun, and celebrate life! My goal for the line is to utilize my creative nature and colorful persona to help uncover the fun in everyday home decor by making great conversation pieces or gifts that bring joy, color, and humor to any living space. 


Tell us a little bit about your journey to starting your own business.

Actually, it’s quite funny. I started the line by accident when I was sick in bed. I suppose nothing can make me sit still, even when I’m sick. I was looking for some way to feel productive, and to make light of feeling under the weather. I’ve always had a love for typography, so I started playing around. The first 4 pillows I designed said, “Cuddle Party”, “Disco Nap”, “It’s so fluffy I’m gonna die”, and “I like you more than naps.” I loved designing them, and I received such a great response from them that I made more.  And so it continues… 


Your line is super fun, what is your personal style?

Modern with a classic flair. I like to stay true to my personal style, and be an individual without shouting it too loudly. I don’t often follow trends. I prefer to create a signature style of my own. I love stripes; they have become my signature, which I’ve incorporated a bit into my line. I think everyone should make their own rules when it comes to their personal style. I have a few *glam* rules for my closet: no ugg boots, no flip flops, no jeans, and no sweat pants. 


What are your future plans for Miss With-it?

Haha to stay With-it! I would love to do more collaborations and to become a part of a respected creative community. I intend to keep having fun with what I do, and to keep evolving. I intend for Miss With-it! to keep growing, so with every choice I make I ask myself, “Will this choice enlarge the brand or diminish it?” 


What is your personal favorite Miss With-it product? 

The pillows are my favorite. My bed is absolutely covered in them! It makes going to bed a fun event! I’m about to launch the new site with tons of new products that I’m super excited about! So be sure to check it out at the end of this month: www.shopmisswithit.com 

Thanks Kelly! 




1 comment:

  1. I love this! Kelly is so fabulous and incredibly talented. It's wonderful to see her featured! I've always been a fan of her work, whatever it may be, and I knew she had to be the one to design my blog, StylingByErica.com. Kelly does not disappoint and I have no doubt that Miss With-It will do much more than just "stay with-it". Cheers!

    ReplyDelete